We are your Heating and Cooling Experts in Lincoln
If you're looking for comprehensive heating and cooling services in Lincoln, then you'll be pleased to hear you've come to the right place! Bill's Heating and Air Conditioning is your one-stop-shop for installation, service, repairs, and maintenance. Servicing the heating and cooling needs of the Greater Lincoln area we've been around for just about as long as air conditioners and furnaces themselves, so you can trust we know what we're talking about!
Our trained technicians can assist with all anything your HVAC System would and should need including twice-a-year tune-ups. Contact our team today and find out what 57 years in the heating and cooling business has taught us and how we'd like to share that knowledge with you.
Professional Heating and Cooling Techs
You'll find the team here at Bill's Heating & Air Conditioning absolutely professional in their approach to our heating and cooling clients. The work is done with regard to the highest safety standards - you can rest assured that the installation. repair or maintenance of your home or business' central heating and cooling system will be done quickly, professionally, and safely.
Is your air conditioner not keeping you cool as it should? No problem, we can help out! But before you call us, take a look at these pointers.
- Are both the indoor unit and the outdoor unit running? If not, check your circuit breakers. A brief power interruption or 'brown-out' can cause a trip.
- When resetting a circuit breaker, first turn it all the way off, then back on. Some breakers may not look 'tripped' when in reality they are.
- If the unit is running, but it's not cooling, check your air filters. An extremely dirty filter can block the airflow and cause the system to malfunction. Not only that but it can also increase operating costs dramatically!
- Check your thermostat; if your blower is running constantly the fan switch on the thermostat may be in the 'fan-on' position. For the best humidity control and overall performance you should leave this switch in the 'auto' position.
Heat Pump heating tips
- Set your thermostat at the setting most comfortable to you, and leave it there. A heat pump does not operate like a conventional furnace. 'Juggling' the thermostat up and down will not save you money. In fact, it will increase your operating costs, because if you suddenly turn it up more than 2 degrees the auxiliary electric heat strips will kick on instantly. This action defeats the whole objective of a heat pump.
- The coil on your outdoor heat pump unit will normally begin to frost over during cold weather operation. A sensor in the unit automatically stops the fan motor and reverses the flow of refrigerant to send hot Freon through the coil to de-ice it. You will see steam coming from the unit and water dripping below the unit. After the coil is de-iced, the fan will start up again automatically, and steam will fly! Don't be alarmed... this is all normal defrost operation.
- If the fan motor doesn't start back up after defrosting, or if you see ice on the outdoor unit coil for more than 2 hours, turn your heat pump off immediately and call our team for a service.